Posted by: John Masterson, Modwest co-founder
Another year has passed us by, and the time has come to reflect on the year that was.
First, a quick recap of new features and key events from 2010:
- In January, we celebrated our 10th birthday!
- We introduced our new "use what you need" Yep web hosting plan.
- We rolled out a new application autoinstall feature in OnSite, startiing with WordPress, Joomla, and Drupal.
- For thorny technical issues, we can now connect to your computer (with your permission) to assist via CoPilot.
- Due to popular demand, you may now contact us via live chat.
- We improved our spam filtering controls.
- Because we do web hosting differently, we renamed our system The Modwest Grid.
- VPS customers, we doubled your memory.
- We developed a coupon system that can give new customers discounts on signup. Keep your eye on Twitter and elsewhere for deals.
There were a number of valuable discussions in the Modwest Community in 2010, and the top five community topics were:
- What features do you want added to OnSite?
- What programs do you use to build your website?
- What applications should be available to auto-install on your site?
- What Modwest-branded goods or general giveaways would make good prizes for community contests?
- What browser do you use most often?
Finally, here's a few more stats that somehow illustrate what happened at modwest in 2010:
- number of miles that staff use alternative transporation to get to work: 5,476
- approximate # of web hits received on the grid: 4,700,000,000
- approximate # of spam messages identified: 130,000,000
- number of trouble tickets resolved: 9,255
- number of chat sessions handled since November: 189
- lbs of food donated to food bank: 90
- website uptime: 99.9%
- mail uptime: 100%
- database uptime: 99.99%
- number of pints poured from the kitchen kegerator: unknown
- approximate number of inches of snow that landed on our patio across from Caras Park: 26
- number of customer service phone calls answered = 4321
- number of customers that migrated to our newer hosting environment = 213
- number of people to join Modwest Community = 384
We hope your numbers were as good as ours. Happy New Year!