APRIL 12, 2018, Missoula, Montana – Blackfoot, the owner and operator of the region’s largest multi-gigabit network, announced today it has entered into a strategic partnership with San Diego-based company, Intertune, to support Blackfoot’s shared Modwest web hosting customers.
“We are excited to partner with Intertune,” said Dave Martin, Chief Technology Officer at Blackfoot. “They can provide our customers with additional features and services for their web hosting initiatives and projects. Intertune has been providing excellent web hosting services for nearly two decades and will be a terrific provider for our customers going forward.”
Blackfoot expects to transition all current customers to Intertune by December 31, 2018.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Why did you sell your web hosting business to Intertune?
Competition for basic web hosting services has grown significantly over the past few years. Unfortunately, it became clear that without having the singular focus on web hosting services, like Intertune has, Modwest is simply unable to provide its customers with competitive web hosting features and prices.
Who is Intertune and why should I agree to be their customer?
Like Modwest, Intertune started providing web hosting services in 2000. Intertune has been making customers happy since they first started, and their singular focus is on providing world-class web hosting services. Simply put, Intertune is able to provide you with the latest and greatest web hosting features and they have the expertise to seamlessly migrate your website!
Do I have to migrate?
Migration is mandatory and at a later date, Modwest will shut down its shared web hosting system entirely. However, we have partnered with Intertune to ensure the transition is as smooth as possible. Their team of dedicated migration specialists will work with you individually to help migrate your services and provide 24/7/365 support. Migration related information can be found at. You may contact Intertune at 855-TUNE-468 (855-886-3468), ext. 700. Please note that this extension is available 8am - 5pm PST. Once the migration of your account starts, we will provide you with the 24/7/365 support contact information with chat and email options.
Will my website experience any downtime?
No. With Intertune’s instructions, you are assured that there will be no disruption to your email and web hosting services. Intertune’s dedicated migration specialists will be available to guide you through the process and provide 24/7/365 support.
Where will my site be hosted now?
Your site will be hosted by Intertune. Blackfoot partnered with Intertune to provide you with the same high quality hosting services. Intertune was founded in 2000 and has been solely focused on providing high quality shared and dedicated hosting services. Learn more at https://www.intertune.com/.
What do I need to do?
Within the next few days, you will be receiving a welcome email from Intertune. This email will contain information on how to access your new control panel and update your billing information. You must update your billing information before June 1, 2018. In addition, an Intertune dedicated migration specialist will be in contact to help you migrate your services. If you have any questions in the meantime, you may contact Intertune at 855-TUNE-468 (855-886-3468), ext. 700. Please note that this extension is available 8am - 5pm PST. Once the migration of your account starts, we will provide you with the 24/7/365 support contact information with chat and email options.
Will my services or pricing change?
Intertune will maintain the same affordable pricing, terms and product features that you have today. Plus, Intertune will provide the added benefit of 24/7/365 phone support, advanced spam filtering and anti-phishing services at no extra charge! In addition, they are looking to add more features that will add even more value after your migration is complete.
What are the steps required to migrate?
The migration will involve a few steps and may vary depending on your subscribed services. In general the steps for migration will include the following:
- Update your billing information. As part of the migration to Intertune services, you will be required to update the Intertune billing system with your credit card information.
- Setup Outlook or other email clients. Intertune’s migration specialists will help you and any additional users set up an additional account within your favorite email client on your desktop and/or mobile phone.
- Review your migrated website (optional). Intertune engineers will migrate your website over to their servers without your involvement. If there are questions that arise during the migration, they will let you know. You will then have the opportunity to view your website on Intertune’s systems before the account is migrated.
- Change your DNS servers. Once the above steps have been completed, a change will need to be made with your domain name registrar (wherever you registered your domain initially). This will flip the switch to Intertune’s hosting services.
- Sync your Intertune mailbox with your Modwest mailbox. Each of your users will have the ability to login to a secure link and have any mail that is left on their Modwest mailbox downloaded to their new Intertune mailbox.